Monday, August 3, 2009

Baby Peafowl EXPLOSION!

Well, maybe not an explosion exactly, but four brand new babies!

Typically we get quite a few baby peafowl in June and early July but this year has been unusually slim. Only two mothers had babies; one with a group of four and another with twins. We thought that was it for the year, but another group of four showed up over the weekend.  As you can see, the
 other groups are already getting their color and are much bigger. Teenagers, by peacock standards!

The new babies are amazingly cute and the mom is doing a good job looking after them. A nice surprise on a Monday morning!

8 comments:

  1. I'll say that's a nice surprise! What fun. They are very cute. I saw "teenage" Canada geese this year and the way they looked was a surprise to me, just because I'm not familiar with them. The phase didn't last long, either. How cool. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I've seen geese at that stage. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! How sweet. I've never heard the term "peafowl" before--must google :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peacocks are the males, peahens are the females. Tother, they are pea fowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I can't wait to get some next summer! (my hubby promised).

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very easy to take care of, nomad!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...