Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Kreative Blogger Award: 7 Things About Me

Not to brag, but I just received the Kreative Blogger Award. Okay, maybe I'll brag just a little since it was bestowed upon me by Scrivener's Retreat, a beautiful blog run by the wicked imagination behind the etsy shop of the same name. If you have a pet and a sense of humor, I strongly suggest that you visit her shop.

By accepting it, I am bound by the rules of the award. It requires me to list seven little-known facts about myself and select seven bloggers I admire in the creative arts field. So here goes...

1. My husband and I have never been without a black cat in our home. He already had Lucy, a wonderful feline, when we moved in together over 17 years ago. Later we rescued Fredo who lives with us to this day.

2. I have two sizable scars on my left hand. One is from an angry seagull who bit me when I was washing cooking oil off of him (seagulls are notorious dumpster divers and sometimes encounter old buckets of grease. Yuck!), and the other is from a spider monkey.

3. Masked and Anonymous is one of my very favorite movies. I'm probably the only person who can make this claim, and I hope it doesn't cost me any blog readers.

4. I went to a "gifted" school from fourth to eighth grade, but I couldn't hack the math.

5. My math-O-phobia made me believe that I couldn't hack any sort of real science in college. Then, in my mid-twenties, I read The Selfish Gene. Richard Dawkins convinced me to pursue a zoology degree. Thanks Mr. Dawkins!

6. I once rescued a sea lion out of the back of a police cruiser. It had wedged itself between the back seat and the front divider. It's still a mystery to me how the officers got it in there though.

7. I am slightly obsessed by the idea of time travel. Although this might be a well-known fact about me.

I will tag:



8 comments:

  1. Great post! I love monkeys =] lol

    Please follow & Comment my blog back?
    http://burningmoonproducts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. number six is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Congrats on the award and thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award, you certainly deserve it! I enjoyed the little-known facts, although I did know about the time travel thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cool. I love your facts and I must say that around the middle I was thinking to myself that you'd had some odd experiences with animals. But then the zoology thing was added and it answered my question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for black cats! I had one named Twilight when I was in fifth grade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I was thinking the same thing as Lori about the animals! I didn't even realize a seagull could cause such a nasty cut from a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stupid math. I went into the grade 12 diploma exams for English (which in Canada are equivalent to the SATs) with a grade 8 education and walked out with 97%. At the same time I enrolled in math 13 - the slow class for beginner's, high school math, twice. Failed both times. You're definitely better than I am - I'd probably be neck deep in some biology field if it weren't for that damn math thing myself!

    Thank you so much for the award, I'm very sincerely flattered!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...