Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Rumors are True!

Heroes Con, the friendliest con around. Heroes Con, where it really is all about comics. Heroes Con, where the nearest pizza is not only edible but actually pretty good! Well, I am happy to report that the rumors are true!

Gabriel and I made the trek all the way from Los Angeles to Charlotte, NC last weekend to promote our book Heathentown. I'm from the South, so I was looking forward to spending some time soaking up the ambiance and the humidity. As it turns out, I spent much more time talking to creators and fans and shopping for comics! And best of all, my good friend Tricia was able to join us on Saturday. It was her first convention, so I was thrilled that it turned out to be such a nice one. 

Gabriel spent almost all his time doing sketches for fans, many of whom have been following his work on Agents of Atlas. We also met lots of people that we had only known "virtually" in the past, like Nikki and Derek Davis of Bitter Tea Studios . Thanks to everyone who stopped by booth #530! 

We were lucky enough to share that booth with Ken Marcus, the writer of Super Human Resources , available from Ape Entertainment. It was a perfect pairing. Ken's book is very funny, so visitors to our booth had a range of options: laughter, tears, and if they bought both, the opportunity to stay up all night reading some damn fine material if I do say so myself! 

Needless to say, we are already thinking about attending Heroes Con 2010. See you all in Charlotte next year! 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your book, it sounds like you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lilly! We did have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You traveled a long way to promote your book, but it looks like you enjoyed your time in North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's try again. I shouldn't try to type after a nap. I'm glad you're having such success with the fans. It's very nice to have that recognition. It looks as if this book is taking off! Oh, and I'm glad you had fun, too! (Humidity??? Better you than me :) I didn't inherit those particular genes from my tapir ancestors. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure did, Christine!

    Tapirgal, thanks! I'm lucky that my tapir ancestors did give me a love of hot humid weather. But only in small doses or when there are tapirs to find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know you were from the South, Bechko. Where?

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Sarasota, FL! Third generation, in fact.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...