Sunday, September 4, 2011

If You're Working Labor Day and Making Overtime Pay...

It's true, dogs like windows.

A three day weekend... What's that? Now that I'm working freelance from home there is just no such thing as a holiday.

But that doesn't mean that I don't miss overtime pay. True, it always had somewhere to go, like towards the mortgage, but maybe I should have put some aside for the pets. I mean, just look at this brilliant idea: a little window, installed in your fence at dog-head level, so that your canine can see what's going on across the street. It's called a Pet Peek, and to be honest I would buy one of these in a minute if it didn't mean that we'd have to also build a fence to use it. I imagine the downside would be cleaning all the nose prints from inside the plexiglass bubble.





This is pretty cool too. A cat tree house. The leaves are fake, I gather, but I imagine my cats would chew on them anyway. It would take a bit more out of one's paycheck though, at $999.












Then there's this "Bowhaus" for a bit less, at $599. It's really sauve, but I'm picturing quite the disaster when that cute pup sees a toy, takes off running, flips the martini onto the white sofa, and spills his water dish all over the bamboo floor. Or perhaps I've just said too much about how my pup behaves?

Anyway, happy Labor Day, everyone. I hope you don't have to work too hard tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Those are all so awesome! I would totally buy each and every one if I had the money, and if our pets weren't 3000 miles away with my mom. Those are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute pet furniture! I showed the cat tree house to my friends - they may try to build one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I never thought about the nose prints. It's such a cool idea! Also, what an elegant cat tree, but OMG! What a price tag!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...